Steampunk the Thames Market
To book a stand at our 2023 Steampunk Market please fill in the form below.
About the 2023 Steampunk Market
This years Steampunk Market is being held at the Thames Salvation Army Hall, 713 Pollen Street, Thames and the Grahamstown Hall accros the road.
The market will be at the both locations, Thursday, Friday & Saturday. The Market will then move to Victoria Park on the Sunday as part of Unplugged Sunday.
The Market will operate the following hours.
The cost for a stall at the market is either $50 a day or $150 for all four days.
There will be a kitchen operatng at the Salvation Army Hall selling food and drinks.
Steampunk The Thames Inc – Steampunk Market – Terms & Conditions
- Applications for stall space should be made on the Steampunk the Thames Stall holder Application Form on this page
- Only steampunk associated products will be sold at our markets. Quality handmade goods are preferred
- Stallholder are responsible for providing everything you need to operate your stall (eg. cover, tables, chairs etc)
- The organiser reserves the right to allocate sites and alter the site plan, No discussion will be entered into regarding the site allocation
- The exhibitor shall not permit any other exhibitor to share or use any part of their site, unless approved by the organiser. If you set up in a site not allocated to you, you will have to move to your allocated site or leave the market.
- Stalls should be attractive and tidy and must not extend outside of their allocated space or walkway.
- If you are not on site by the stated time then your site will be given to another stall holder unless you have communicated with the organiser.
- Stallholder communication is preferred via email.
- Payment must be made within 14days of receiving the approval notification. Please use your name as reference as this will save a lot of confusion.
- Payment details will be given at time of approval.
- One receipt will be issued per stall and this will be emailed to the email account on the application form.
Refunds & Cancellation:
- Steampunk the Thames will operate rain or shine. One exception is an extreme weather event ie Earthquakes
- If the stallholder wishes to cancel before the 20th October an administration fee of $15 will be applied with the remainder returned to the stallholder.
- Due to workloads after the 20th October refunds can not be processed until after the event.
Vehicles & Parking:
- Vehicles parking plan will provided with the site allocation plan
- All vehicles on site to stay until the close of the market
Check-in & Pack-down
- Please check in on arrival with the organiser
- Please do not start packing up before the end of the stated market close time
- All Stalls should be cleared from the site by 1 hour after market closure
- Please ensure all Stall rubbish is removed from site – Take it home with you. Failure to comply will mean you will not be invited back
- All insurance is the Stallholders responsibility. The organisers and property owners cannot be held liable for any damages or loss.
Advertising & Stall use:
- Stallholders may advertise within their own stall. Steampunk the Thames reserve the right to remove items that hinder or interfere with a neighbour’s stall, The street. The foot traffic or atmosphere.
- Your site is to sell only items written in your application within reason.
- Stallholders must ensure they do not obstruct aisles, interfere with or obstruct neighbouring stalls or be, in the opinion or organisers, a source of annoyance to others. In the event of a dispute between stallholders the decision of the organisers shall be accepted by all parties as finial. Stallholders must stay within their allocated site boundary with no exceptions.
- Food Stalls must follow standard Health & Safety + the Food handling guidelines as per the TCDC guidelines
Rubbish & Recycling:
- Steampunk the Thames market is a plastic bag free zone. We encourage reusable bags.
- Please take all your rubbish home
Health & Safety:
- Due to the changes in the Health & Safety laws in April 2016, anyone conducting business is now expected to have a Health & Safety plan. All Stallholders must acknowledge the reading of the Health & Safety guidelines on their application form.